Back brace and belts- All the healing your aching back needs!
If you’re having back pain and looking for back brace and belts, well this article might help you regarding it. As you are already suffering from back pain and have a personal experience about how complex and difficult it is to diagnose and treat. 4rabet bd
What is back pain?
Back pain is the second most reason why people visit doctors, after colds and coughs. Back pain is a physical discomfort appearing anywhere on the spine or back, ranging from mild to disabling. It is also known as backache. Basically, it is a pain which is felt in the back.
You can take various steps recommended by doctors to prevent it, but if the prevention fails you can try home treatment and exercises which will heal your back within a few weeks and keep it functional. Surgery is rarely needed for the treatment of back pain.
Prevention by back braces and belt
It is often acknowledged that wearing a back belt will help you with the problem of your spine and curb back injury. It is not a surety that using a back brace will cure your back pain, it may just reduce the pain in your muscles and help your muscles to relax. Workers at certain companies are required to wear them if there is some risk involved by bending your body and working. It does not mean that back braces help with all kinds of low back pain.
If a person knows which kind of back pain they have, it’s more likely for them to use back braces and have some relaxation than with patients with nonspecific back pain.
When should back braces be preferred?
You should always talk with a doctor before using a back brace. A doctor with experience can tell you better after evaluation whether, for your type of body and the pain that you have, you should use a back brace or not. Also, the doctor would be able to suggest to you which type of back brace would suit you for the kind of pain that you have.
You should always wear a back brace according to what the doctor has recommended and not according to what your family or relatives have to say about it.
Different kinds of back braces used by people.
There are different kinds of back braces to prevent different kinds of back pain. There are 3 kinds of back braces that are flexible, semi-rigid, and rigid. Rigid braces are used for healing of spinal fractures or after you get a back surgery, therefore they are used when you have moderate pain.
Semi-rigid and flexible braces are used for moderate or mild pain which means when your muscles are not so stiff and your pain can be at ease by using the belt. It is used at an early stage. Typically, all the back braces are made up of the same material but differ in their rigidity and postural control.
- Flexible back brace
They are made up of soft material like cotton, canvas etc. Due to the soft material, some limited bending is apparent. It helps to take the pressure off the weakened or injured muscles by providing some support to the spinal.
It helps in adjusting the posture of a person in order for him to be comfortable and shift weight off the spinal column. It relaxes the tense muscles through the heart of the brace. Flexible back braces come in different sizes and designs, therefore always consult a doctor at first to know your size and which design would prevent your pain.
- Rigid and Semi-Rigid back brace
They are made up of a layer of different materials wrapped around the entire torso and panels covering brace entirely from all sides. Sometimes it also contains hard plastic or metal bars to cover the exterior surface of the brace in order to support your back. Semi-rigid back brace is which comprises features of both flexible and rigid back braces.
Rigid and semi-rigid back braces help in reducing the motion to prevent forward, back or side bending. It also reduces minimal motions at the fractured areas, increasing the probabilities of effective healing by curbing down the discomfort from the various shocks of jerks or other motions.
It is contented that your back pain is likely to heal quickly when you use a rigid back brace compared with a flexible brace.
Some tips for wearing a back brace
- It is very important that you wear your back brace correctly so that it is effective for your pain.
- Some of you who have a fracture might need to wear a back brace 24 hours a day. However, it is totally okay to remove your back brace while bathing or to allow your skin to breathe. Many people who have to wear the belt 24 hours a day feel uncomfortable at times.
- It’s sometimes difficult to wear a belt on your own, so you should always ask your friends or family to help you with the brace. If you do not have anyone to help, you can always use a chair in order to support your back.
- Always wear a cotton shirt under your belt in order to prevent skin irritation. Make sure the shirt is clean, right fitting and there are no wrinkles.
- Keep your skin clean which will help prevent blisters or raw skin under the brace because the brace applies pressure to your skin.
- Instead of applying lotion, apply to rubbing alcohol that will help toughen your skin and prevent skin breakdown and severe irritation. Apply it with your hands where the braces touch your skin.
- Do not wear the belt without consulting a doctor. Always follow the instructions given by a doctor while wearing the belt.
- Try to stay in a cold atmosphere, since many of the patients claim that it is uncomfortable to wear a brace in a hot atmosphere.
Yes it will help you, by reducing spinal pressure. It reduces the pressure on joints, muscles and discs.
It depends on you, whether you are comfortable or not while sleeping with a back brace on. If it is causing discomfort for you while sleeping, never wear it since it is for reducing your pain rather than causing more pain.
You should wear it accordingly so that it reduces your pain. If your belt is too loose, it will not support your muscles and ligaments. Therefore it should be tight enough to support your muscles.
You should not wear it more than two weeks since then your muscles will get habitual taking support and you won’t be able to treat it effectively and can lead to injuries.